Sunday, August 17, 2008

lawn mowing

the art of mowing lawns. I've been mowing lawns and doing yardwork, since before i had a menstrual cycle. What started out as curiosity to try and turn on the lawn-mower, grew to an obsession, then a habit, and now a chore. honestly lawnmowers looked pretty rad at the age of less than ten... but seeing one now kind of makes me sick. I only say that cuz i hate mowing SO MANY lawns. i dont just do my own lawn, i do like 4 other houses yards and backyards... alot of elderly people on my block, and my dad insists, but i do most of the work. Whatevs, i get money and cookies!

when i was younger i didnt mind it at all... i was outside hanging with my dad, making the neighbourhood pretty. my dad using the weed whacker to trim the perimeter, leaving me to the area. It's still like that. My dad acknowledged, me being such a young age, and able to mow lawns, meant he would hold it against me for pretty much the rest of my life. To which he has. There hasnt been one summer where i havent woken up on a sat/sun morning and mowed a lawn. although last summer, and the summers before it my dad would yell at me and my sister to wake up and mow lawns... now i wake up to him already weed whacking, which is my cue to get my ass up.

me mowing lawns is such a love-hate relationship. Since it started as something that i wanted to do, i will never get entirely sick of it... but since my dad kind of ruined it by being such a lawn-mower nazi, (cuz our old ass neighbours, sorry god) it kind of drained the fun out of it. As much as i hate mowing lawns sometimes, I dont like my dad getting exhausted, so i always take it upon myself to do all the lawns. somedays though it doesnt bother me one bit. Like it's exactly what i need. Like therapy in a way. A lawnmower and an ipod... maybe hazardous, but maybe amazing.

Anyway. Over the course of my lawn mowing experience, i've developed tricks/routes/ways-to-do-it, special and particular to each lawn. Every lawn is different, and needs a different approach. Its crazy how i have a system to mow lawns... But hey, its to make them look nice, and DO WORK, by taking the least amount of trips and time. Lawn mowing is NOT lame. It is essential for any future homeowner who wants a yard! Plus, what kind of guy doesnt want a girl who can handle heavy machinery?

wow, i cant believe i wrote so much about mowing fucking grass.

I rearranged my room today, and im already feeling the better energy.

Oh so i ran errands (gift shopping) with my sister today. I need to return stuff tomorrow, and then be on my way.


Just a taste of what i've been jamming too for the last 3-4 days.

No comments: