Sunday, August 24, 2008

ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS



Like i mentioned in my livejournal, i remember watching this video when i was a little girl. I wikipedia'd the song, and it was released in 1994, so I was about 4 or 5 when i saw the video. It is so cliche to say this, but i was immediately fixated with this song and video as soon as i saw it. I cant help but laugh at how i would always watch this video in caution. I was always scared i would get in trouble for watching it. Regardless... id still find a way to watch it. Still too young back then to comprehend the song's true content about the double standards in society, there was something about the song that made me love it right off the bat. The r&b beat and the catchy lyrics... whats not to love?

Maybe it was the latex suits, whips, and men in submissive positions that made me like it. And i am pretty sure it is this song that is to blame for why i dont find any of that fetish stuff to be weird at all.... if anything, this video got me interested in all that fetish stuff.

Listening to all the lyrics in the song now... i feel that this song would have as much relevance now, as it did then. Being a woman and being sexually aware is still difficult to do, especially without scrutiny. Lame double standards. Damn, i love this song. Definitely my favorite by madonna.

No comments: