Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ranting

i hate facebook. i hate how everyone is connected, and i know things about people i dont wanna know. i hate how i sometimes facebook stalk, pretty girls, or hot guys. its actually really pathetic.

i more specifically hate when im aimlessly searching on facebook, and i come across something i dont like. it sets me off in a bad mood, and when im in a bad mood i do really irrational things or get stressed out.

to cope, i have set my news feed to only myself. so whenever i log in, i dont see other peoples statuses/pictures/whatever. I also do not check who has recently updated their profile info or display picture or status. so what do i do on facebook? I focus on myself. I update my info, my status, my pictures, reply to comments made on content concerning me... I do however check photo albums, with much apprehension. Slowly but surely i am deleting those random friends out of the 400 or so i have, that im pretty positive i will never talk to again. I wish there was a polite way to delete someone off facebook... sadly there isnt :(

Im aware it makes me seem very egotistical... but truthfully... im awkwardly sheltering myself. protecting myself from harm. yeah im a really big fag.

Why dont i just delete it? because, i like updating things, having a place to have my pictures and knowing that people watch my actions, and basically stalk me. I dont return the favor. Rarely. Plus, its too addicting.

secretly im hoping that someone sues facebook, or the people at facebook get really greedy and start charging people to sustain their accounts. All so, i would have a reason to delete and LEAVE facebook for good.

No comments: